I grew up in London and developed a passion for horses early on which lead me to training to teach riding and studying Equine Science at University, where I was first introduced to The Bowen Technique. Skip forward a few years spent travelling and working abroad and I now live in Devon. I rediscovered Bowen when seeking treatment for long standing back pain and was amazed by the effectiveness of this gentle therapy. I am fascinated by how much can be achieved with the softest touch, both in Bowen and with horses and the two meld beautifully together.
I trained with the European College of Bowen Studies (now the College of Bowen Studies)
and during my initial Bowen training I discovered I had just as much passion for the human body and enjoy studying anatomy and the effects of Bowen on the human form and look forward to continuing to expand my knowledge over the coming years.
I am qualified with Rose Farm College of Equine Studies in Equine Bowen Therapy which allows me to transfer my Bowen skills over to 4 legged mammals. I studied the anatomy of various domestic companion animals and livestock in depth during my MSc Zooarchaeology course and it is lovely to be able to meld my various studies together now.
I am a member of the Federation of Holistic Therapists. To maintain accreditation to their Complementary Healthcare Therapist Register I have been assessed by the FHT as being qualified to the required standards of skill, competency and safety, must hold professional indemnity insurance and complete the required hours of CPD (Continuing Professional Development) each year.
I am a BHS Accredited Professional Coach (BHS AI) and maintain both a current First Aid and Safeguarding Children certificates as well undertaking coaching related CPD each year.
I am fully insured to treat both humans and animals with The Bowen Technique.
In addition to these qualifications I have also completed the following courses as part of my CPD (Continuing Professional Development) and enjoy spending time with, and learning from, other Equine and Bowen professionals.
- April 2014 NLP Practitioner Course with Body Mind Workers
- May 2014 Bowen In The Flesh (Anatomy review)
- April 2015 ECBS Practitioner Workshop
- July 2015 Change Your Mind, Change Your Life (Body Mind Workers)
- February 2016 Mastering The Screen (Body Mind Workers)
- September 2016 Animal Healing
- April 2017 Tracking Beliefs (Body Mind Workers)
- May 2017 Rider Biomechanics with Mary Wanless
- June 2017 The O Lab Foundation & Fundamentals with Ron Phelan
- December 2017 Bowen Intensive with Jihan Adem, Bowen College UK
- March 2018 Cranio-Bowen with Margeir Sigurdsson, Bowen College UK